Leading in a Matrix
Leading in a matrix requires leaders to have ability to work across the organization without having the authority to build commitment. To be successful, leaders need to shift their thinking about how a matrix organization works, develop skills to lead their team members as empowered adults, accept and apply a new system of accountability, and use collaborative tools and techniques.
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend
Leaders who need to work without authority.
In this program, participants gain a broader understanding of what a matrix organization is and how it affects their approach to many aspects of their work, primarily influencing and negotiating.
Participants who complete the course will know how to:
- Recognize the true nature of a matrix and how it affects teams, leadership and accountability throughout an organization
- Define roles and relationships of a matrix and redefine rules for working on teams
- Develop a new leadership strategy that does not require authority to lead, motivate or influence professionals and other leaders, regardless of their level and position in the organization
- Apply characteristics of an empowered adult and begin to approach work and relationships from this mindset, which leads to success and effectiveness
- Recreate relationships as partnerships that result in win-win outcomes and pave the way for future success in a matrix environment
- Employ a new system of accountability that supports successful outcomes in a matrix environment
Day 1: Topics
- What is a Matrix?
- Understanding and Defining Matrix Roles and Relationships
- How Teams are Different in a Matrix
- How Accountability Works in a Matrix
Day 2: Topics
- The Importance of Negotiating and Influencing in a Matrix
- Being an Empowered Adult
- The Components of MM 2.0™ Negotiating and Influencing
- The MM 2.0™ Negotiating and Influencing Process
Request More Information
Give us a call at 512-900-5511 or leave us a message: