Introduction to Collaborative Project Management
Matrix teams come together to achieve a goal or produce an outcome. The two most important roles of a team leader are:
Building commitment among the team to the team outcome
Negotiating an agreement that is achievable, as determined by the team
The best approach to these roles is collaboration. Having a toolbox of collaborative leadership tools enables leaders to work with teams and stakeholders to determine together what is achievable, negotiate effectively for the team, and build buy-in and commitment to the teams’ plan.
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend
Cross-functional team leaders and professionals who lead a team to plan and implement an initiative that doesn’t require full collaborative project management processes.
In this course, participants are introduced to a set of proven collaborative project management tools they can easily use with any team.
Participants who complete the course will know how to:
- Identify the unique challenges experienced when leading a team in a matrix and develop a new methodology for leading matrix teams
- Demonstrate the characteristics of an effective matrix leader
- Apply true collaboration and understand its importance in leading effective matrix teams
- Incorporate varied learning and work styles of team members to improve communication and understanding
- Approach team meetings and activities more collaboratively to improve team effectiveness and commitment to outcomes
- What are SMART Planning Tools?
- Collaborative Tool: Breaking Down a Solution
- Collaborative Tool: Defining Accountability on a Team
- Collaborative Tool: Assessing Risk
- Collaborative Tool: High-Level Scheduling
- Collaborative Tool: Communication Plan
- Closing our Workshop: Lessons Learned
Request More Information
Give us a call at 512-900-5511 or leave us a message: