The Matrix Management 2.0™ Organizational Operating System
The term operating system (OS) usually refers to the software that manages your computer’s basic functions. Your organization runs on an operating system too—one that manages the functions of your business.
What is an organizational operating system?
As new computer technologies come on the market, you need to make sure your computer has the speed and performance to handle cutting edge software programs. If it doesn’t, you may need to upgrade your operating system.
In the same way, new business technologies require an organizational operating system that’s up-to-date. If you want to be competitive and run complex global business programs, you need an OS that’s flexible—one that improves your matrix organization’s speed and performance.
Fortunately, there is an up-to-date OS for matrix organizations—Matrix Management 2.0™.
What is Matrix Management 2.0™?
Matrix Management 2.0 is a state-of-the-art, integrated operating system for matrix organizations. It's designed to improve how you lead, manage and work in your two-dimensional matrix by shifting the focus from the vertical dimension to the horizontal, where your business runs and where you align with your customers.
Matrix Management 2.0™ IS
- A better way to manage cross-functionally
- An effective way to break down vertical silos
- A successful way to lead without authority
- A proactive way to create a culture of success
Matrix Management 2.0™ IS NOT
- Dual reporting!
- Leadership based on authority
- A way to restructure the vertical dimension
- A minor improvement over vertical management
Why does every matrix organization need MM 2.0?
If your organization is larger than 50 people, you probably are a matrix, but do you know how to operate as a matrix? MM 2.0’s end-to-end integration is perfect for managing the complexity of today’s business, nonprofit and government organizations when you need to:
- Align around your customers and the products and services delivered to them
- Eliminate vertical silos and create true cross-functional collaboration
- Eliminate the chaos that comes from frequent restructuring
- Optimize the whole organization and not just individual components or functions
- Enable your leaders to lead without authority
- Foster proactive, empowered behavior from everyone
- Create a culture of success
Are you ready to upgrade?
The good news is that you’re probably already operating in a number of ways that are compatible with the Matrix Management 2.0 operating system. Our Diagnostic Assessment Plans and can help you discover how far along you are, and how far you have to go. You can also explore our training offerings and collaborative consulting sessions.
If you’d like more information or you’re ready to get started, please give us a call at 512-900-5511.